Belgian Beer Board

282 Originele Cafés in Vlaanderen

Started by Trappist, November 13, 2021, 11:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trappist

Has just being released !
A bit late due to the "situation"  :-[
The BBB bought a copy, and what is better than having the first stamp at the ever famous Bruges' beer pub 't Brugs Beertje, where I also bought this fantastic book !

After all these years, life seems to have stopped at 't BBtje. Nothing has changed, except for the Chouffe clock, which previously was that Trappist Westmalle clock. Where did that go  ???
This picture was taken last Thursday (Armistice day) at around 4.30pm.
No people yet, but that changed very fast into full crowded... as usual.

My first beer: Smiske Kriek (vintage 2018) - €5.50
Probably the best Kriek ever made here in Belgium. Weighs in at a stunning 12 vol%  :o
Dangerous drinkable and leaning towards the finest Oude Kriek, but more body, more maltiness, and much more satisfaction.
What a great beer folks  :appauding-1:

We all know that brewery Smisje is for sale now, which actually isn't that good news.
The Pi-je-ma (12.5 vol% !!) and the latest beer called Apotheose ar still not available at 't Brugs Beertje. Maybe in the future  F_C

A nice old vintage Westmalle beermat holder at our table (second room).

And here it is....

The brand new "282 Originele Cafés in Vlaanderen" book, made by Benny van Hecke.

You won't believe this, but this is our first little Bruges bear.
It's given when showing the book. A great idea really :) Love it.

Let us celebrate this with two fantastic Belgian beers!

Cheers,
Filip

BTW....Next Tuesday is a free from work day.
I'll publish the Dutch adventure that day! Stay tuned folks....  :fritemayo:

"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

Jay

Some great beers sampled there Filip, every single one so to my tastes 👏🏻

I also have a Beertje bear that I cherish, like yourself I received it through the book (the older version) it sits in my Belgian beer cupboard along with my most special glasses.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for the two new Smisje beers and that they tie in with our visit in February  F_C

Cheers
Jay

Oh and looking forward to the report  t_u