Belgian Beer Board

Achel Gallant Jubileum 9,5 vol%

Started by Trappist, March 30, 2024, 11:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trappist

€12.27/btl. at Colruyt.

Achel Gallant Grand Cru Special is a blond specialty beer that has been commercialized in limited editions.

Because it is exactly 25 years ago that it was decided to breathe new life into the abbey brewery under the impulse of Marc Gallant, the last abbot of De Achelse Kluis (1995-2006), a festive anniversary beer has been launched in a limited edition: 'Achel Gallant - Jubileum', a blond specialty beer with 9.5% alcohol by volume and closed with a special cork.

This Abbey beer is brewed with dedication with a blend of three natural grains – barley, wheat and oats. In addition, it is enriched with a unique ingredient: purple heather flowers, which flourish abundantly in the enchanting nature border park De Groote Heide, of which De Achelse Kluis is the gatekeeper.

The result is a brand new, contemporary brew with a rich and unique taste, ending with an exceptionally smooth aftertaste.

Hi folks, what a wonderful abbey beer this is!!
A soft grainy tasting beer with a flowery accent.
Quite malty sweet and a very satisfying mouth feeling and after taste.
Somehow it reminded me of the Achel superior blond (formerly Achel blond Extra). Same texture, same creamy foam, same flavors too!
It wouldn't surprise me if that recipe has been used, but with some extra tweakings like the heather flowers for instance.

This means TOP-QUALITY folks !!!

Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

Viv

Hi Filip,

I've got a bottle of this brew, along with the Superior Winter also 9.5%
and cannot wait to taste them soon......

Top Quality expected!

Cheers!

Viv

Trappist

Hi Viv,
You'll have some treat  t_u
Curious if you will like them  t_u
Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson