Belgian Beer Board

De Bierboom

Started by Trappist, January 06, 2024, 01:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trappist

Hi,
Sad news  ::::::(

Rudy and Marina are stopping with running beer pub De Bierboom here in Bruges.
The place is taken over by someone who will make it a tapas and beer tavern.
I'm not sure if the annual beer swap can take place again, but it seems that with an arrangement with the new owners it could actually take place again.
I'll keep you informed when news arrives......

Good luck Rudy and Marina for a still "beery" future. Enjoy !!!

Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

John B

Oh nooooo. So sad to hear this. I wish Rudy and Marina all the best in the future, as well as to the new owners.

Cheers - John

Jay

Such sad news, we have so many very happy memories of both days and nights spent at De Bierboom (remember the big barking dog) but all things must come to an end.

It's not game over, more a new chapter. We'll still see Rudy and Marina at the beer festival (is he still continuing to brew?) much like we still bump into Daisy, these people are icons of Bruges (like yourself Filip)

Proud to call all above true friends, a real heartfelt honour

Cheers
Jay  :animated-belgium-flag:

Trappist

Quote from: Jay on January 07, 2024, 02:14:19 AMIt's not game over, more a new chapter. We'll still see Rudy and Marina at the beer festival (is he still continuing to brew?)
Yes Jay,
It's not game over, and indeed a new chapter!!  t_u
And the new De Bierboom, whatever it will be called next, will still be beery!!
As I understood from Rudy, there could still be beer tastings organized, even the famous Beer Swap.
But that needs an approval from the new owner(s) ofcourse.
Not sure if Rudy will brew further on. I really think so, but that'll be on a very small scale... ie, homebrewing.
I fear that brewery De 4 Monniken will always be a beer firm. The plans for installing a real brewery are taking much too long by now. I fear it won't happen at all.
Cheers,
Filip

"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson