Belgian Beer Board

Achel

Started by Trappist, August 07, 2023, 10:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trappist

Hi,
I just noticed Achel has new labels!

That's today without the word "trappist" and the design has been changed too.
The first picture was published on the BBB facebook group by Beeronweb (=Filip Rotsaert)
The second one comes from Untappd.
This means the blond at 8 vol% is now called a tripel.
The Achel Extra at 9.5vol% is now 33cl. available and is named Achel Superior Blond.

??? strange ???

Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

Jay

Quote from: Trappist on August 07, 2023, 10:01:37 AM...This means the blond at 8 vol% is now called a tripel.
The Achel Extra at 9.5vol% is now 33cl. available and is named Achel Superior Blond.

??? strange ???

Cheers,
Filip

Surely it makes more sense the other way around with the 9.5% being labelled as a Tripel?

Will the Extra Bruin make an appearance...as Superior Bruin?

Cheers
Jay  t_u

Trappist

Quote from: Jay on August 09, 2023, 02:03:41 PMWill the Extra Bruin make an appearance...as Superior Bruin?

Hi Jay,
That'll be Superior Dark!

This was just posted on their FB page!
But I also see that the superior beers (being the Extra's) still are 750ml bottles.

"Blond becomes TRIPEL, bruin molts into DUBBEL.
The "Extra" beers are still in large bottles (75cl) with an appropriate name that refers to their monastic origin and strong character: SUPERIOR BLOND & DARK complete the standard Achel beer range.
At the top of the label you will recognize the traditional coat of arms of De Achelse Kluis, now in a modern and simplified version. "Anno 1686" refers to the year in which there was a religious community of hermits in Achel for the first time."

Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

Trappist

Hello,
And here we have the final products of today!

I'm very satisfied with the overall outcome folks.
The labels are beautiful and the new glass is to die for!!

Yesterday, we had a 75cl of the Achel Superior Blond and it was as delicious as I can remember, most probably that bit more flavored too.
In other words, a true delicacy, and today available at supermartket Colruyt for €6.60 per 75cl. bottle.

Need to buy me MUCH more .....

Cheers,
Filip
–- Thomas Jefferson

John B

Love the labels, love the glass, hopefully the beer is just as good. Very nice!  t_u

Cheers! - John

Trappist

Quote from: John B on December 04, 2023, 02:30:52 AMhopefully the beer is just as good. Very nice!  t_u
Hi John,
I have good hopes the beers will be as delicious as before. Maybe, they will improve!!
I would love to taste their Winterbier! Should pay Dranken Rotsaert a visit soon!!
Cheers,
Filip
–- Thomas Jefferson