Belgian Beer Board

Nice collection of Punaise beers

Started by Trappist, April 27, 2023, 12:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trappist

Hi folks,
Cheers from Belgium with a nice collection of Punaise beers.
Brewed at brouwerij De Meester for Koekoeksbrouwer-ei.
Tasting will follow ASAP......
https://www.facebook.com/punaisebier/
https://www.brouwerij-demeester.be/

Still need to buy me two additional ones to complete the range  F_C
But they are readily available at beers@moviefun close to my home  t_u

Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

Viv

Hi Filip,

Those Punaise beers look very interesting.

Mind you, these type of pictures are a bit dated, and maybe considered a
bit sexist and/or misogynistic..........?

Cheers!

Viv

Trappist

Viv,
No problem for me though :)
The world will become very dull when we continue with all those strickt (stupid) measures :)
Actually, that whole "woke" thing sure will pass by in the very near future. People tend to be brainwashed too easy lately. NOT me :)
I love those labels and they are in fact woman friendly. My personal view ofcourse.
Cheers,
Filip

"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

John B

Quote from: Trappist on April 27, 2023, 03:41:12 PMViv,
No problem for me though :)
The world will become very dull when we continue with all those strickt (stupid) measures :)
Actually, that whole "woke" thing sure will pass by in the very near future. People tend to be brainwashed too easy lately. NOT me :)
I love those labels and they are in fact woman friendly. My personal view ofcourse.
Cheers,
Filip

You said it perfectly Filip. I think a lot of people nowadays are looking for a reason to be offended. Except that I think that a lot of those people aren't really even actually offended. They just enjoy trying to manipulate society into thinking and acting "their" way.

We recently discussed here on the forums about getting older. On one hand, of course I'm pretty sure we'd all like to be in our 20's or 30's again. It's nice to be young. On the other hand, I'm so thankful to have grown up when we did, and there wasn't things like this "woke" garbage with people trying to tell you how you're supposed to think and trying to erase history that they don't like. So in that respect I'm pretty happy being in my 60's now. I just have to wonder what the future holds for the young people these days though.

Politically Incorrect Cheers! - John    :culsec:

Trappist

Yes John,
I'm on the same line with you! As a man of 60, I completely understand.
The thing is that with labels like the ones from Punaise, people could make a problem from them, as they could be somehow woman unfriendly.
BUT!!! For me, it's nothing to do with labels at all. The beer inside, is the the thing that should get the focus! Not the package.
I sure would prefer me to buy a Trappist Rochefort with a naked woman on their label (HIGHLY unlikely :) ) than a bland Cara pils with the most beautiful label art (HIGHLY unlikely too :) )
Cheers,
Filip

–- Thomas Jefferson

Trappist

Hi,
A small update.

I finally got me the whole collection!

BUT!!! at this point, already a new beer has been launched, i.e. the Juicy White!
The life of a Belgian beer lover can be so damn tough  ::)

Cheers,
Filip

–- Thomas Jefferson

Viv

Hi Filip,

Great lineup!

There are a number of breweries/brewfirms that just launch into the market
with a good number of brews, whilst others concentrate on just one and then grow from there as the name becomes well-known. Must be a financial reasoning behind this.

To already have barrel aging brews they must have been established for a while now.

I must get some of their beers, if I can source them.....

Cheers!

Viv

Trappist

Quote from: Viv on June 02, 2023, 08:32:56 AMTo already have barrel aging brews they must have been established for a while now.
Hi Viv,
Yes, Koekoekbrouwer(ei) already exists for a while by now.
But they do have the experience of barrel ageing through brewmaster Dirk De Meester from bry De Meester who already makes barrel aged beers for years.
That is what you get when you are a cuckoo brewery :)
Cheers,
Filip
–- Thomas Jefferson