Belgian Beer Board

scam?

Started by Trappist, April 21, 2023, 01:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trappist

Hi folks,
This was posted on the BBB Facebook group:
https://watertower.store/usa-05085?xs=rw&s=hanes-5250&c=Black&p=FRONT
Quite a nice T-shirt with the logo of 't Brugs Beertje on it.
But that's quite a strange posting to me.
First, I'm 100% sure that Dries from 't BBtje hasn't given his approval.
Second, that website looks so damn fake to me.
It is clear to me: Do NOT order from that website. You sure will loose your money  >:D
In the mean time, I removed the poster, the message and instantly blocked the intruder.
Hoping nobody tried to buy it.
Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

John B

Not only the T-shirt, but also sweatshirts, pants, coffee mugs, phone cases, shower curtains, even women's underwear. I've seen similar websites do this with other logos, even "fake" Westvleteren shirts and hats.

These logos are not even really on these items as of now, they just superimpose them onto the picture to make it look like the logos are actually on them. Then when (if) someone orders an item they'll put the logo on an item, usually a low quality cheaply made shirt, and sell it.

Other times it's like you said, you may not even ever get your items, but somebody in China or India or elsewhere will get your money. And you're right Filip, I'm sure nobody at the Beertje gave their ok for this. Might be a good idea to make them aware if you haven't already.

So the old adage is always a good one to remember ... "Buyer Beware".

Offically Licensed Cheers! - John (The real one)

Jay

That's the problem these days, mass market fakes everywhere...tour t-shirts, records, cd's - bloody everything.

Here's my real Beertje T-shirt bought when Daisy ran it (one of my most prized) notice it has a small logo on the front with the large print on the back.

Cheers
Jay 🐻

Trappist

Wow Jay, they actually used that same logo!!!

With the difference that the big size logo is placed on the front! That true sign that it's a fake :(

What a strange world we're living in today  :chin:

Anyway, don't try to buy it from that site.

Cheers,
Filip (the true one :) )

PS..I'm sure Katrien would've loved that one as a present :)

"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson