Belgian Beer Board

B(E)(I)ER

Started by Trappist, January 30, 2023, 10:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trappist

Hi,
Time for an exclusive beer from Bruges!

It carries a name that's hard to classify  ::)  because you simply can't write it down.
B(E)(I)ER
Referring to beer (Dutch for bear), and towards bier (beer) itself.
A bit complicated because beer is English for bier too. Reading in Dutch is the key here.
Another Bruges' bear beer, but this one is not a commercial beer at all. No problems with brewery De Halve Maan  O:-)

This beer was brought home by my wife Katrien, who works at a school.
This actually is a school brewed beer. brewed by a teacher and his students!
A really nice initiative, and Katrien could take the last bottle straight back home.  :appauding-1:

Well, what a great beer they brewed there folks!
8 vol% strong! That's not a pussy beer.
Amber and hazy. Great head too. Congrats for that  :appauding-1:
It tastes quite fruity, but also nicely sweetish. Did they add honey?
What amazed me the most was that rich use of bitter hops.
This beer has such a hopbitter flavor. A bitterness that lingered for such a long time.
Wow, I must say that they did a splendid job there at the school (https://sask.be/)
You could easily sell it in the supermarket, and it will be sold out fast. Such a quality beer!

Cheers,
Filip

"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

John B

That's wonderful, congratulations to the students!   :stir:

Do you know what age the students are? I clicked on the link in your post but it seems to be a school with many different age groups. I don't know what the drinking age is in Belgium, but I'm assuming the students were probably at least old enough to drink their brew.

School Beer Cheers! - John

Trappist

Quote from: John B on January 30, 2023, 03:40:31 PMDo you know what age the students are? I clicked on the link in your post but it seems to be a school with many different age groups. I don't know what the drinking age is in Belgium, but I'm assuming the students were probably at least old enough to drink their brew.
Hi John,
This expirement was done at the humaniora. Those are the most elderly students. We're speaking around 18 years old.
It's always such a nice learning when brewing is the key. There's alot of chemistry going on when brewing, hence this being a wonderful learning experience.
In Belgium it's not a problem when an 18 years old student savors a good beer .... with moderation (ofcourse)  t_u
Cheers,
Filip

"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson