Belgian Beer Board

The Future of Fantome

Started by John B, January 12, 2023, 10:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John B

Today I happened to come across this article featuring Dany Prignon, the man who IS Fantome. It was posted about a year and a half ago, but contains information I wasn't aware of until now. There's an interesting 16 minute interview with Dany, who mentions his intentions of finding a partner brewer who would eventually take over Fantome. Like I said, I think Dany IS Fantome, and can't imagine anyone else running that brewery.

Filip, or anyone else who might have any information, do you know if anything has changed since this was published a year and a half ago? Has Dany found someone to partner with? Has there been or will there be any upcoming changes that you know of? I wish Dany and Fantome (whoever may be running the brewery in the future) all the best.

Ghost Cheers! - John

https://www.idiots.beer/brasserie-fantome-the-next-stage-for-dany-prignon/

Trappist

Hi John,
I must confess that I don't have any news on that.
Dany isn't that young anymore and I can believe a well deserved retirement is soon on order.
That's the way life goes.
If there is a successor, I don't know.
But if that happens, the brewery sure will loose it's amazing Dany Prignon stamp.  :-\
Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

Viv

Hi Guys,

I don't think that Dany has considered things like "legacy",
"sustainability" or "succession planning" !!!

Quirky hobby-brewing is still going strong in Belgium! That's
one of the reasons we love it!

Cheers!

Viv

John B

True Filip, Dany is getting up there in age, and his work is not an easy one. Hopefully he will find a partner/successor who will carry on the Fantome tradition that Dany has brought to us for many years. It would be a shame to see those beers disappear ... like a ghost.

Cheers! - John

Trappist

Quote from: John B on January 17, 2023, 11:29:47 PMTrue Filip, Dany is getting up there in age, and his work is not an easy one. Hopefully he will find a partner/successor who will carry on the Fantome tradition that Dany has brought to us for many years. It would be a shame to see those beers disappear ... like a ghost.

Cheers! - John
Hi John,
It would be utterly fantastic if Dany would find a successor or even better, a partner.
Now, I was thinking....... that could actually be a great job.  :Manger:  :beer2:  :zicon2_beer3:
Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson