Belgian Beer Board

Wizards Wand

Started by John B, November 23, 2022, 12:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John B

Here's one from a brewery I've never tried before, McIlhenney Brewing from Alpine California, located near San Diego. They're a small family owned place that opened up in 2021, so one of the newer breweries out there. I'd heard a lot of good things about their beers, but they don't distribute outside of that general area, and a drive out that way would run me about $100 in gas, so up until now their beers have been elusive to me.

But ... a few days ago they decided to offer direct to your home shipping, at least on that one occasion, so I jumped right on it and ordered a sampler of the beers they had on offer. This is one of the three different beers that I ordered, Wizards Wand IPA. It comes in at 6.7% and Strata and Mosaic hops are the star attractions.

This one has a nice crispness to it, and the hops are front and center. Gotta say, it's a very nice IPA and I'm looking forward to cracking open the other two beers from McIlhenney. If they're as good as this one then I'm either going to have to finally make that drive down to Alpine or hope McIlhenney decides to offer direct to home shipping again. Cheers! - John

Jay

Hi John,

I love reading your beer and bar reports, places and beers I've heard of before...keep them coming mate 🇺🇸

Cheers
Jay  t_u

Viv

Hi John,

Great picture! The beer looks really crystal clear fresh and
so appetising! I love the colours ( pale yellow and pale blue ) too and the way that you've cut the background out perfectly with the lens focus.

Looking forward to hearing from you about the other two brews you have
from this new brewery....

Cheers!

Viv

Trappist

Yes guys!
John is doing a wonderful job with such a beautiful pictures and highly enjoyable readings too, incl. ofcourse tasty local American beers!
LOVE it all the way John  t_u  t_u  t_u  t_u  t_u
Massive thanks for the input, also to Viv and Jay --- this really makes the difference  t_u  t_u  t_u
Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

John B

Thank you so much Jay, Viv and Filip! I really appreciate your comments. Considering the amazing quality of each of your contributions here both in pictures and it words, it means a lot to me. Please know that your postings here, both beery and non-beery, are what make the Belgian Beer Board such a wonderful place. Many many thanks to you!   :appauding-1:    t_u    :appauding-1:    t_u    :appauding-1:

I've been a bit lax in sharing some of the beers that I've enjoyed, and promise to do better in the future. Recently I've cut down a little in my beer consumption. Two reasons mainly, one is health. I'd like to keep my current weight or maybe even lose a few pounds, and the other is that old bugaboo, money. Gotta pay those bills first, then find a few extra dollars to spend on the finer things in life such as good beer. Why can't it be the other way around?   :chin:

Anyway, I hope you're all doing well as we head into this holiday season, and may many good beers come your way.

Cheers! - John