Belgian Beer Board

2022 Trader Joe's Vintage Spiced Ale

Started by John B, November 17, 2022, 07:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John B

Here's a seasonal beer which can be found this time of year at a chain of small markets called Trader Joe's. TJ's is one of my favorite markets, but unfortunately the closest one to my location is about 45 minutes away, so I don't go there often. They have some different items which aren't usually found in larger markets, and the prices are for the most part very reasonable. The beer selection is small, but well chosen and inexpensive. They also let you break up 4 packs and 6 packs of beer into singles it you only want to buy one, and they don't charge you a higher price per can/bottle like everyone else does.

Anyway, I always get a bottle or two of this Spiced Ale each year when it comes out. It's actually brewed by Unibroue for Trader Joe's, and it's delicious and very inexpensive for the quality that you get. $5.99 per 750 ml bottle at 9% abv. Really hard to beat that these days. There's a nice thick tan head, a smooth mouthfeel, and the flavor opens up as it warms like many of these types of beers do. I'm getting thirsty now ...  Think I might just have to make another trip down to Trader Joe's again very soon.

Cheers! - John

Viv

Hi John,

Nice write up, and it sounds like a great brew.

Cheers!

Viv

Trappist

Yes!
Defintely sound like a great beer!!
Good price too for what you get and the 75cl bottle is a beauty.
This begs for more to buy .... massively ofcourse  t_u
Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

John B

Thank you gentlemen! Yes some more bottles of this affordable but delectable gem will be in my near future for sure.   :animated-eat-and-drink-image-

Cheers! - John