Belgian Beer Board

Chimay Blonde

Started by Viv, August 09, 2022, 10:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viv

CHIMAY BLONDE  t_u  t_u  t_u  t_u  t_u

A regular brew now from Scourmont, with an ABV of 10.0%. Previously tasted as it was known as Chimay Cent Cinquante when introduced in 2013 as a 150 Year Anniversary Brew.

Pours a light golden blonde, with an enormous frothy creamy head. Excellent lacing.

Aromas of lime, bergamot, mint, spices, herbals, florals, and hops.

Full bodied, and highly carbonated with a soft, filling, rich, creamy and luxurious mouthfeel, and taste. Complex, balanced, layered and with excellent depth of flavour; mellow and rounded. Lots of malts, grains, floral hops, herbals, clove, rosemary,
ginger. Incredibly moreish; being sweet yet with a very dry bitter finish. Simply an outstanding brew! 

Cheers!

Viv

John B

A very nice beer. Hard to believe it's already been nearly 10 years since it was introduced.

Cheers! - John

Viv

Hi John,

Well, 9 years anyway? And only a limited number of bottles were produced so it was only available for a very short period all those years ago until it's recent re-introduction.

Certainly worth the wait!!!

I definitely need a few more tastings to compare it with the other Scourmont brews.

I know that I rate brews on the first tasting but realistically you can only really rate any brew once you have tasted a number of bottles over a period of a few years. Only then can you really appreciate it.....

Cheers!

Viv

Trappist

A really amazing beer, and for me the best beer they make! What a masterpiece this is !!!
Today, this beer is widely available over here in Belgium.
The big supermarkets all have it on offer now.
Always presented into the green 4-packs, and not really that cheap at around €10.00 for one 4-pack.

Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson