Belgian Beer Board

Stille Nacht

Started by Jay, July 20, 2022, 12:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Hi everyone,

This weekend I hit a milestone posting on Instagram, on Sunday I would be hitting numbers 999 and 1000, so a couple of special beers we called for.

I had it down to 6 bottles but eventually narrowed it down to my final two, now you know (with the title) that Stille Nacht was one but what was the other (and which made the 1000th post) well I was going to post SN as my 1000th post but felt it should be a new beer and 999 is still a special number.

So here's post 999

It's #belgiansunday and despite the heat I've opted for a Christmas beer but one unlike it's Kerst cousins as it's not brewed with spices, this is more akin to a Belgian Strong Ale.

De Dolle Stille Nacht - 12% Belgian Strong Ale

Instantly you get that iconic De Dolle yeast profile (it's all De Dolle and Belgian) there's a honey sweetness along with a dry straw herbal touch, bread, hints of citrus...truly delicious and high up in my all time top 10 beers.

btw...this will be my 999th post on Instagram, what will I open next for the big 1000 🤔

Bottle 1000 will also be posted

Cheers
Jay

John B

A wonderful and worthy choice for number 999 Jay. You really can't go wrong with Stille Nacht, no matter what the time of year it is. Here's looking forward to number 1000, whatever it might be. I'm sure it's going to be a real banger.

Celebratory cheers to you mate! - John

Trappist

Hi Jay,
#1000 !!! Rochefort 10!!! Well, if Facebook has it right ofcourse  :chin:
Note that my Instagram and Twitter were recently hacked. No big deal, as I seldom use both media.
999 and 1000 are really amazing Belgian beers! and worth any drop of those figures.
Actually, Rochefort 10 is till my absolute number one Belgian beer  :Manger:
Up to #2000 now.
Cheers,
Filip

"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson