Belgian Beer Board

Deca Brewery

Started by Trappist, April 02, 2022, 12:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trappist

Hi,
A small message to show you all there brand new brewing kettle!

The old one (in the back there) will not be removed though  t_u

Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

John B

Looks nice. I bet some very good beers will be made in it. Maybe they'll still use the old kettle too on occasion.

P.S. Does anyone here know how to operate one of those? I sure don't. You might as well ask me to perform brain surgery, I'd probably have better results.

Cheers! - John

Trappist

Quote from: John B on April 02, 2022, 09:14:35 PMMaybe they'll still use the old kettle too on occasion.
John,
The old one will be used on occasion
Here is what was published on their Facebook page:

"die blijft zijn huidige plaats behouden in de brouwerij.
Deze brouwketel is voor ons de ziel van de brouwerij.
We hebben de intentie om deze soms nog te gebruiken"

Transl.: "it will keep its current place in the brewery.
For us, this brew kettle is the soul of the brewery.
We intend to use these from time to time"

Quote from: John B on April 02, 2022, 09:14:35 PMP.S. Does anyone here know how to operate one of those?

No single clue John  :drunken_smilie:
Actually, it is already very difficult to brew a great beer with the old brew kettle.
That new equipment really demands some massive study, practise, and routine  :chin:
BUT.... the reward is a tasty quality beer  t_u

Cheers,
Filip

"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

John B

Thanks for the reply Filip. It's good that they will keep the old kettle in operation once in a while. It might even be somewhat interesting to brew the same beer at the same time using each kettle and then compare the two to see if there's any difference in the result.

Cheers! - John