Belgian Beer Board

Boon @ local café Het Nieuw Gemeentehuis - Assebroek (Brugge)

Started by Trappist, December 20, 2021, 11:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trappist

Hi,
It is always a pleasure visiting local bars just outside the touristic centre of Bruges.
No tourists, only local people, cheaper prices too  t_u

Very suitable is this local café called Het Nieuw Gemeentehuis (The New Town Hall)
https://www.facebook.com/HetNieuwGemeentehuis
It is a great corner there at Gaston Roelandplein. A couple of cafes. An excellent Indian restaurant (Shalimar), Bistro Pand 23 next door, Pitta house Efes.
The otherc side of the street has that truely excellent restaurant Parrilla, café Tramhuis, and friterie 't Peerdeke.
Steps away is Chinese restaurant Drakenpaleis, which we frequently visit.
Quite a busy corner if you ask me. Love it !!

Café Het Nieuw Gemeentehuis offers about 30 beers, incl. Gouden Carolus range with the whisky infused, Kasteel, Duvel, Kruger Export, Estaminet pils, Westmalle, etc...
A Palm tied café, which means they also offer Boon Oude Geuze and Boon Kriek. Both at €2.50 each.

Boon Kriek (25cl.) is quite sweet with an almond cherry flavor.
I went for the Oude Geuze Boon (25cl.)
What an amazing beer !!
The REAL stuff from the Payottenland!
Wild funky yeasty, woody, barnyard, sulfuric, mellow sour, and so much flowery aromas!! Nothing has been spoiled by Palm breweries.
Folks, this is the real deal  t_u :zicon2_beer3:

Both beers go very well with some comfort food.
Croque Boum Boum for Katrien (yes, with spaghetti sauce) - €7.00
..........and a spaghetti from the house for me - €10.00

Needles to say that we had a splendid Sunday late afternoon, only a 5 minutes away from our home  t_u

Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson