Belgian Beer Board

Bush Caractère paired with Brassetiflette

Started by Trappist, March 08, 2023, 09:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trappist

Hi,
Yesterday was a free day for me, so some home cooking was done.
I prepared a tartiflette, but instead of white wine (that's the original recipe), I used that delicious Bush Caractère beer.
I call it a Brassetiflette, referring to the beer.
That's exactly what you can order too at brewery Dubuisson's brewtavern Trolls & Bush (www.trolls-bush.com)

Katrien enjoying a Brassetiflette at Bush & Trolls.
Note that the name Brassetiflette is invented by brewery Dubuisson.

The recipe I used is very similar to this one https://www.thetastychilli.com/french-tartiflette-recipe/

Many recipes mention cream, but actually the real deal is not using any cream or milk at all.
Actually, the dish contains already a whole French Reblochon cheese (500 gr.)!
I inserted a full 33cl bottle of Bush Caractère, which gives already a nice creamy sauce.

This is a recipe for 4 people, so today we will finish the leftover, which actually will taste much more better, as things will have mellowed greatly.

More details about Bush Caractère, formerly known as Bush Ambrée at https://www.dubuisson.com/us/our-beers/scaldis-caractere/#description

This was really a very tasty dish. One of my favorits actually  yummy

Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

John B

Filip, you and Jay make the most appetizing looking dishes. You two ought to open a restaurant together. The food would be amazing, and the beer list would be incredible. I volunteer to be your maître d'.

Delicious cheers! - John 

Viv

Hi guys,

I will second that!!!  t_u  

What a great suggestion John! :appauding-1:

The passion and ethusiasm for food and beer is definitely there!  :drunken_smilie:

Cheers!

Viv

Trappist

That would defintely be a great decision guys  :fritemayo:
Note that Jay is a top-class excellent professional chefcook, and for me myself it is just a hobby.
I can already see it in front of my eyes: "Jay's Burgundian Beer & Food Delicacies". And this in the heart of old Bruges!
Knowing there is no beer restaurants left here in Bruges, that suggestion would certainly become a 100% true success story  t_u  :appauding-1:
And John..... You are ofcourse accepted to be the splendid Maître d.
Cheers,
Filip

"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson