Belgian Beer Board

MBCC 2024

Started by Jay, May 07, 2024, 03:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trappist

Hi Jay,
What a great read this was, just like we were part of the trip  t_u
It's also great to see you had such a wonderful sunny weather too.
It's only 5 days, but how packed those days were with such a massive amount of wonderful beery spots, incl. that great Mikkeller Beer Celebration Copenhagen beer fest.
I still wonder how you and Linda manage to do such a concentrated 5 days of utterly fantastic pleasures. I'm speechless  :-X
As usual, a report like this NEEDS to be on the main page.  Worth every single letter and picture  t_u
Also great to read that the MBCC 2025 is already fully booked. That's another blast for next year to come  :appauding-1:
CHEERS Jay & Linda!!! Thanks fo sharing  drink_sm  drink_sm
Filip

"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

Jay

Thanks so much Filip, sharing our memories of that wonderful break in Copenhagen was an absolute pleasure.

I think it's safe to say that we didn't waste a single second whilst we were in town, exploring everything Copenhagen had to offer plus seeing that beautiful city of Lund (and Malmo)

Yes we were in town for a beer festival and visited some amazing bars (sampling some amazing beers) but we did so much more, venturing further afield and all on foot, walking over 60 kilometres during the 5 days as we crisscrossed town without one using a taxi.

It was great to discover bars that we've previously walked right on by on recent trips but also to revisit the favourites too.

We certainly were lucky with the weather, Thursday and Friday were a little overcast but the rest was clear blue skies and lovely warm weather (the boat trip was scorching) that's a memory we'll treasure forever.

Just like with Bruges I feel very fortunate and humbled that these two are now so familiar...my top 2 of the 23 different places we've visited.

Our next break is the Bruges Beer Festival in September with a couple of mini 1 day festivals at Rivington and Track in Manchester (in just 3 weeks time) squeezed in between.

Great to hear that you're on the mend from your unfortunate dose of Covid and here's to meeting up again soon mate.

Cheers
Jay  t_u

Trappist

Quote from: Jay on June 04, 2024, 12:34:56 PMOur next break is the Bruges Beer Festival in September
See you soon  :animated-belgium-flag-image-0
Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson