Belgian Beer Board

BramBrass

Started by Jay, October 16, 2023, 01:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd share a couple of beers that I've thoroughly enjoyed, both are by BramBrass but are brewed at De Meester.

First off is Knockin' On Heaven's Door...11% Imperial Stout aged in Heaven Hill Bourbon barrels

Roasted malts, dark caramel, Bourbon barrel, dark chocolate, touches of tobacco, mocha....bloody wowser, a proper Imperial Stout (not just a Belgian Strong Dark Ale) with some decent barrel aging notes.

Next up is Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off...11% Barley Wine aged in Cuervo Tequila Barrels

Dark rich fruit loaf, molasses, herbal barrel, booze soaked oak, stewed raisins...utterly delicious stuff.

So far I've had  3 beers from BramBrass (an amazing Tripel and a couple of barrel aged) all fantastic and a credit to the brewer

Cheers
Jay 👍🏻

Trappist

Hi Jay,
I seldom had a beer that's not OK from bry De Meester. Actually, I haven't yet.
Brewmaster Dirk De Meester and BramBrass are a great combo!!!
That's some cracking beers you have tasted there mate  t_u  :o

BramBrass
Achiel Quatannensstraat 7A
8551 Heestert (Zwevegem)
www.facebook.com/brambrass/

Brewery De Meester
Nelcastraat 1D, 8860 Lendelede
www.brouwerij-demeester.be

Cheers,
Filip
"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit, and promotes health."
–- Thomas Jefferson

Viv

Hi guys,

I've had 7 brews from Brambrass and they were all good.

All the 17 brews that I've tasted from de Meester own brand
are excellent too.   

Success stories!

Cheers!

Viv

Jay

Cheers guys  t_u

It was Linda who visited the BramBrass stand first (or rather me for her Rik & Raf Tripel) and it was whilst purchasing her beer that I noticed the list of barrel aged beers and opted for the amusing sounding "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off" and was so impressed I bought a few bottles to bring home.

There's a few others that I didn't try or buy but always next year

Cheers,
Jay